Follow this post to see how the Morty Train is going on!
As many of you might have known, we took up the mammoth task of painting up 7 Mortarions and we started off the journey knowing that it would be a challenge but we wanted to include as many skills and new materials into this project as possible to wow our clients.
The Devils in the details :
Face - Relative to the Red house version , we knocked out in 4 days, we had much more time to focus on Mortarian's face. We got his expression right which was a staring look where he turned his head.
Wings - Leathery wings had more details on more details. We made the wings burnt like the ones on fallen angels.
Cloth and weathering- We weathered mortarion through freehand techniques which will be covered in the tutorial here.
We've finished the sub assembly for the mortarions and will be going onto the details soon
The finishing touches:
Details on details :
We felt that we could add more details to the Mini by creating a false texture to Mortarion's hood so we did. We did it by painting in the texture details through fine brushwork which would have been impossible to see on photographs.
We're not ready to call Mortarion complete! All 5 of them!